axis web services and httpsession

Discussion in 'Java' started by alex_f, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. alex_f

    alex_f Guest

    Hi
    I have a big problem to retrieve httpSession (javax.servlet.http) in a
    web service (written with axis).
    In the client-side class I use setMantainSession(true) with both
    service and call objects.
    Webservice class implements ServiceLifecycle interface and I've written
    both init and destroy methods: init() sets ServletEndpointContext
    object and destroy reset it.
    I try to retrieve the session with ServletEndpointContext .getSession()
    method: at this point session is empty (it seems that a new httpSession
    object has been created).
    I tried also to retrieve HttpServletRequest first (using
    MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST)),
    but httpSession is always empty.
    I deploy web services by a server-config.wsdd.xml file: I set scope for
    my service as session but it does not work because I don't found
    element that I need but webservice information (session type and
    service name). Request scope does not work too, because the session is
    empty.
    I have no more ideas. Can anyone help me?
    Do I write also a client-config.wsdd?
    Please help me!!!
    Thanks.
    alex_f, Sep 27, 2006