Axis1 vs. Axis2

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jan Thomä, Dec 18, 2008.

  1. Jan Thomä

    Jan Thomä Guest

    Good afternoon,

    there has been a lot of debate around here lately what framework would
    be better suited for SOAP development. I have worked quite a lot with
    Axis1 and never felt the urge to switch to Axis2, especially since the
    new Axis2 seemed to be quite cumbersome to configure and code with if
    you leave the small path that is laid out in their documentation. Speed
    was never an issue so far, so even though Axis2 is considerably faster
    than Axis1 (according to the Axis' team's benchmars), this was no
    switching reason either.

    Given this background, I'd like to hear your experience with Axis2 so
    far, why did you use it and what was your experience with it. Were
    there difficulties in getting certain things to run? Was the migration
    easy or did you have to rewrite a lot of code? Was your switch
    successful or did you change to another framework afterwards?

    I don't intend to incinerate a holy war about which framework is best,
    I merely would like to hear about the experience others have made with
    Axis2 so far. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very
    much.

    Best regards,
    Jan
    Jan Thomä, Dec 18, 2008