    which of the 60 jar files in lib/ are the relevant classes located?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Sam

    Sam Takoy, Aug 30, 2011

  2. Sam Takoy

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1500141/find-a-jar-file-given-the-class-name>

    Jeff Higgins, Aug 30, 2011

  3. Sam Takoy

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 8/29/2011 7:32 PM, Sam Takoy wrote:
    > I just downloaded Axis2 and want to write java code in eclipse that
    > uses it. I need classes in org.apache.axis2.*. How do I find out in
    > which of the 60 jar files in lib/ are the relevant classes located?

    Usually you can detect it from the name of the jar files.

    And you can verify by listing the content of the jar files.

    There are also many scripting and Java programming solutions.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Sep 6, 2011
  4. Sam Takoy

    Lew Guest

    Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > Sam Takoy wrote:
    >> I just downloaded Axis2 and want to write java code in eclipse that
    >> uses it. I need classes in org.apache.axis2.*. How do I find out in
    >> which of the 60 jar files in lib/ are the relevant classes located?

    > Usually you can detect it from the name of the jar files.
    >
    > And you can verify by listing the content of the jar files.
    >
    > There are also many scripting and Java programming solutions.

    You can script a search using "jar tf <jarname>" or "unzip -l <jarname>" for a list of jarnames. I usually just grep the JARs directly, though, sincethe directories are text and therefore greppable.

    Using bash:

    $ grep MyWorld libs/*.jar
    Binary file libs/universe.jar matches.

    $ jar tf libs/universe.jar | grep MyWorld
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$1.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$2.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$3.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$4.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$Messages.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorldUtils.class

    $ for fl in libs/*.jar; do grep -q MyWorld $fl && echo $fl && jar tf $fl | grep MyWorld; done
    libs/universe.jar
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$1.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$2.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$3.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$4.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld$Messages.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorld.class
    com/lewscanon/foo/util/MyWorldUtils.class

    $

    or such

    --
    Lew