axis2 wsdl2java jaxb , xmlrootelement not same as defined in XSD

Sri

Hi,

I am using axis2 to generate JAXB classes from WSDL/XSD and here is strange problem I came across

The root element in the SOAP response is not same as I defined in WSDL/XSD, it is coming as operation/method name defined on the interface.

Ex: defined in WSDL/XSD: EmployeeDtlResponse
Operation name in the interface: opGetEmployeeDtl

and the root element name coming as opGetEmployeeDtl as supposed to be EmployeeDtlResponse.

Did anybody run into this issue?

Thanks,
-Sri

Arved Sandstrom

Hi,

I am using axis2 to generate JAXB classes from WSDL/XSD and here is strange problem I came across

The root element in the SOAP response is not same as I defined in WSDL/XSD, it is coming as operation/method name defined on the interface.

Ex: defined in WSDL/XSD: EmployeeDtlResponse
Operation name in the interface: opGetEmployeeDtl

and the root element name coming as opGetEmployeeDtl as supposed to be EmployeeDtlResponse.

Did anybody run into this issue?

Thanks,
-Sri
I've run into issues like this and it's invariably been my mistake when
I write the WSDLs and XSDs. There's no other way around the inherent
complexity of these XML documents other than to be very diligent, and
doublecheck a lot, and have consistent naming conventions.

I haven't been a big fan of Axis or Axis 2 for years, I prefer CXF, but
I doubt that Axis is your problem.

AHS