AzMan and ASP.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by andy miller, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. andy miller

    andy miller Guest

    I have been able to use AzMan from the Enterprise Library in a Windows Form
    app. However, I'm having difficulty with security settings when doing the
    same thing in ASP.Net. I have tried using both stores in Xml and ADAM (this
    is preferred). However, I cannot find the settings I need to change to make
    this work.

    Is there anyone else who has been able to get ASP.Net and AzMan working?

    Here are some of the settings I've used and the COM Exceptions that I'm
    getting. All of the examples work in Windows Forms.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Andy Miller

    Web Settings:
    Web.Config Authentication Mode: Windows
    IIS WebSite Security: Authenticated

    Test 1:
    - XML Store - C:\securityTestStore.xml
    - IIS Security: Authenticated Only
    - .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM or machine(ASPNET)
    - Xml File Rights:
    [mydomain]\[myaccount] - Full
    Result: Access is Denied

    Test 2:
    - XML Store - C:\securityTestStore.xml
    - IIS Security: Authenticated Only
    - .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM
    - Xml File Rights:
    [mydomain]\[myaccount] - Full
    SYSTEM - FULL
    Result: Parameter is incorrect

    Test 3:
    - ADAM Store -
    msldap://localhost/CN=AppStore,CN=Security,DC=SALKEIZ,DC=K12,DC=ORG
    - IIS Security: Authenticated Only
    - .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM
    - Xml Store File Rights:
    [mydomain]\[myaccount] - Reader, Delegated
    Result: System cannot find the file specified

    andy miller, Mar 17, 2005