AzMan non-admin problem under Win XP

Vladimir

Hello All,

I have a problem with AzMan under Windows XP.
On my web site I use AzMan/AD role management. Store installed on Win 2003
SP1 server, but site works under WinXP SP2.

For IIS identity domain account with non-admin’s privileges is used.

In this case the error occurs: "The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))" when page is loaded or after role
checking (Roles.IsUserInRole(User.Identity.Name, "Administrator")). But if I
add domain account to local Administrators group - everything works
correctly.

We face this problem only if site runs under Win XP. If site runs under Win
2003 – it is ok.

It is forbidden to run the site under administrator. How could this problem
be resolved? Do you have an insight on this?

I used microsoft sample from :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/PAGHT000018.asp?_r=1

with following web.config:

<connectionStrings>
<add name="AzManADAMServer"
connectionString="msldap://server:50000/CN=AzManADAMStore,OU=SecNetPartition,O=SecNet,C=US" />
</connectionStrings>

<identity impersonate="true" userName="corp\test" password="xxxxxxx"/>
<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>

<roleManager
enabled="true"
cacheRolesInCookie="false"
defaultProvider="RoleManagerAzManADAMProvider"
cookieName=".ASPXROLES"
cookiePath="/"
cookieTimeout="1"
cookieRequireSSL="false"
cookieSlidingExpiration="false"
createPersistentCookie="false"
cookieProtection="None">
<providers>
<add name="RoleManagerAzManADAMProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider,
System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
publicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="AzManADAMServer"
applicationName="iHomeOwner"
/>