AzMan non-admin problem under Win XP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Vladimir, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. Vladimir

    Vladimir Guest

    Hello All,

    I have a problem with AzMan under Windows XP.
    On my web site I use AzMan/AD role management. Store installed on Win 2003
    SP1 server, but site works under WinXP SP2.

    For IIS identity domain account with non-admin’s privileges is used.

    In this case the error occurs: "The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from
    HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))" when page is loaded or after role
    checking (Roles.IsUserInRole(User.Identity.Name, "Administrator")). But if I
    add domain account to local Administrators group - everything works
    correctly.

    We face this problem only if site runs under Win XP. If site runs under Win
    2003 – it is ok.

    It is forbidden to run the site under administrator. How could this problem
    be resolved? Do you have an insight on this?

    I used microsoft sample from :

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/PAGHT000018.asp?_r=1

    with following web.config:

    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="AzManADAMServer"
    connectionString="msldap://server:50000/CN=AzManADAMStore,OU=SecNetPartition,O=SecNet,C=US" />
    </connectionStrings>

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="corp\test" password="xxxxxxx"/>
    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>

    <roleManager
    enabled="true"
    cacheRolesInCookie="false"
    defaultProvider="RoleManagerAzManADAMProvider"
    cookieName=".ASPXROLES"
    cookiePath="/"
    cookieTimeout="1"
    cookieRequireSSL="false"
    cookieSlidingExpiration="false"
    createPersistentCookie="false"
    cookieProtection="None">
    <providers>
    <add name="RoleManagerAzManADAMProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    publicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="AzManADAMServer"
    applicationName="iHomeOwner"
    />