bacjground is not shwon on iE but is shown on firefox

m.a

Hello,

I have a site (tivisual.smartrend.co.uk) that when viewed by IE7, you cannot
see the background of buttons but when viewed by Firefox the backgrounds are
shown correctly. It is a very simple page and I cannot figure out why the
background is not shown on IE7. Can anybody help me?

Regards

Guest

Hello,

I have a site (tivisual.smartrend.co.uk) that when viewed by IE7, you cannot
see the background of buttons but when viewed by Firefox the backgrounds are
shown correctly. It is a very simple page and I cannot figure out why the
background is not shown on IE7. Can anybody help me?

Regards

It is working in my IE7

m.a

Hello,

I have a site (tivisual.smartrend.co.uk) that when viewed by IE7, you
cannot
see the background of buttons but when viewed by Firefox the backgrounds
are
shown correctly. It is a very simple page and I cannot figure out why the
background is not shown on IE7. Can anybody help me?

Regards

It is working in my IE7

It is strange!
Does the login button has an orange background?

m.a

Mark Rae said:
In IE 7, both login buttons have a grey background which changes to the
same colour as the tablecell background on mouseover...

In FireFox, Safari, SeaMonkey, Flock and Chrome, the login button has an
orange background but the "Forgotten your password" section is
left-aligned so far that it actually starts outside the main form...

In Opera, it appears to display correctly.

So why this is happening and how to fix it?

Göran Andersson

m.a said:
To calarify, here is the screen capture of what IE7 and FireFox shows:
the differences are:

the place of "Forgot your password ..."
the justification of Email: and Password labels.
the background of Login button

Regards

Apparently, when you apply center alignment on a table row, IE also
applies this to table rows of tables within that table row. So, if you
apply alignment on a table row, you have to apply alignment to all table
rows in all child tables, or IE will display different from other browsers.

I checked the page in Opera and Safari, and there the labels are right
aligned (probably because you set the right margin as auto), and the
guest button and the forgotten text are completely gone...

If I would do anything about the page, I would drop the table layout and
do it with css instead.

Guest

Apparently, when you apply center alignment on a table row, IE also
applies this to table rows of tables within that table row. So, if you
apply alignment on a table row, you have to apply alignment to all table
rows in all child tables, or IE will display different from other browsers.

I checked the page in Opera and Safari, and there the labels are right
aligned (probably because you set the right margin as auto), and the
guest button and the forgotten text are completely gone...

If I would do anything about the page, I would drop the table layout and
do it with css instead.

I agree.
I would also try to change relative path in the class for the button
from

background-image: url('Login/InputBgd.gif');

background-image: url('/TiVisual/CSS/Login/InputBgd.gif');

Maybe this helps to fix the problem with background.