Back and drop down list problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by zebulon, Apr 24, 2004.

  1. zebulon

    zebulon Guest

    Hi,
    I have a page with a drop down list and a table. When the list is changed
    (dates), the form is posted and the values in the table change (besides are
    servlets but that's not the
    point).
    That works fine.
    The problem is that if the user click on the back button of the browser, the
    datas in the table change (previous datas) but not the selected value of the
    drop down list, which makes
    the view irrelevent. If you then watch the source of the page, it is correct
    : the "selected" value of the drop down list, is not the one that appears
    selected.
    Same behavior with IE and Mozilla.

    What is that ? Is it a browser's bug ?
    What's the simplest work around knowing that I actually have many drop down
    lists ?

    Thanks

    zebulon, Apr 24, 2004