"Back Button" and populated dropdown lists

Henke

Hi,

I have done some research about my problem I have
when using the "back button" in IE to go back to a
page with two dropdown lists.

The both dropdown lists
are populated with data. The first dropdown lists is
redirecting the user to another page (building a querystring
for the second page to use) and when the back button
is used to go back one page and I choose something
from the second dropdown list then the event for the
first dropdown triggers and the user is again sent to
a new page. Usually I would load and display some
new data when the second dropdown is pressed.

When looking for a solution for this I often read
about disabling the page cache for this page, but
can that be the only solution ?

Regards,

// Henke