    back to a previous page in an ASP.NET application?

    Thanks!
    Bill

    belgie, Jul 25, 2003

  2. belgie

    Peter Wu Guest

    belgie <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to prevent the user from using the browser Back Button
    > to go back to a previous page in an ASP.NET application?

    Have the previous page expire immediately. When the user hits Back button
    of the browser, the page will have expired.

    --
    Peter Wu
    Powered by Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

    Peter Wu, Jul 25, 2003

  3. belgie

    belgie Guest

    I tried this:
    Response.Cache.SetExpires(Date.Now)
    in the Page_Load event, but it didn't seem to work. I could still go back
    to it with the back button.

    Thanks!

    belgie, Jul 25, 2003
  4. belgie

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    You need to use Setcacheability property of the response object. That will
    kill the back button dead in its tracks. Actually, the button will still be
    there, after clicking it, you will get a message - page has expired from
    cache.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 25, 2003
  5. belgie

    Scott M. Guest

    The is no Response.Setcacheability property in ASP.

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:#...

    Scott M., Jul 26, 2003