back button doesn't remember new value

rharmonster

I have an asp page that builds a calendar made up of images for each
day. When a user selects a day, javascript changes the day selected
and the next 2 days' images to a "booked" image. I place the day's
value into a hidden form variable, so that when the user bounces around
different months (same page), then comes back to the month with a date
selected, the page will remember the day and show the "booked" images
for the day already selected.

After the user comes back to the month where a day was selected and
decides to change the day, then move forward in the "booking" process,
but then presses the back button, the page remembers the previous day
selected.

When the back button is pressed, how can I code the page to view the
new day selected?

Mike Brind

I have an asp page that builds a calendar made up of images for each
day. When a user selects a day, javascript changes the day selected
and the next 2 days' images to a "booked" image. I place the day's
value into a hidden form variable, so that when the user bounces around
different months (same page), then comes back to the month with a date
selected, the page will remember the day and show the "booked" images
for the day already selected.

After the user comes back to the month where a day was selected and
decides to change the day, then move forward in the "booking" process,
but then presses the back button, the page remembers the previous day
selected.

When the back button is pressed, how can I code the page to view the
new day selected?

The back button navigates to the page that is cached in the user's
history. Ensure the page isn't cached and use session variables
instead of hidden form fields.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2022