    How do I do that. Is there a way I can catch if the user has clicked the back button.

    Thanks!!!
    Yogesh Kadalgikar

    Yogesh Kadalgikar, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Yogesh Kadalgikar

    gaidar Guest

    If you can not control browser the only solution is to make it impossible
    for user to return back. You can add session variable that define old page
    url and new page url and store it to SESSION object. And if some page
    detects those urls matching their own url - use Response.Redirect method to
    send use to an error page.

    "Yogesh Kadalgikar" <> wrote in message
    I have implemented an Admin Application in ASP.NET.
    There is a requirement for me not to browse back to a page with the back
    button on internet explorer.

    I want to flush the session variables so that if a uses clicks on back
    button the page should re-direct to an user defined error page. - mentioning
    not to use the back button for navigation.

    gaidar, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Yogesh Kadalgikar

    Yogesh K. Guest

    Thanks!!!

    What if we have AutoPost event set true to some server controls in the page.
    The page will be reloaded and the Session variable will be evaluated to the
    same value.
    I think this will create a problem.

    What do you think?

    Regards,
    Yogesh

    Yogesh K., Jun 9, 2005
  4. You can keep a variable in the SessionState containing the ID of the current
    Page.
    when your application redirects to a different page updates the ID of the
    current Page and passes it to the new page in the QueryString.
    This way you don't have to keep a list of ALL old urls, only 1 ID of the
    current page.

    Nadav

    Nadav

    =?Utf-8?B?TmFkYXYgUG9wcGxld2VsbA==?=, Jun 15, 2005