BACK button IE

Yogesh Kadalgikar

I have implemented an Admin Application in ASP.NET.
There is a requirement for me not to browse back to a page with the back button on internet explorer.

I want to flush the session variables so that if a uses clicks on back button the page should re-direct to an user defined error page. - mentioning not to use the back button for navigation.

How do I do that. Is there a way I can catch if the user has clicked the back button.

Thanks!!!
Yogesh Kadalgikar

gaidar

If you can not control browser the only solution is to make it impossible
for user to return back. You can add session variable that define old page
url and new page url and store it to SESSION object. And if some page
detects those urls matching their own url - use Response.Redirect method to
send use to an error page.

I have implemented an Admin Application in ASP.NET.
There is a requirement for me not to browse back to a page with the back
button on internet explorer.

I want to flush the session variables so that if a uses clicks on back
button the page should re-direct to an user defined error page. - mentioning
not to use the back button for navigation.

How do I do that. Is there a way I can catch if the user has clicked the
back button.

Thanks!!!
Yogesh Kadalgikar

Yogesh K.

Thanks!!!

What if we have AutoPost event set true to some server controls in the page.
The page will be reloaded and the Session variable will be evaluated to the
same value.
I think this will create a problem.

What do you think?

Regards,
Yogesh

Guest

You can keep a variable in the SessionState containing the ID of the current
Page.
when your application redirects to a different page updates the ID of the
current Page and passes it to the new page in the QueryString.
This way you don't have to keep a list of ALL old urls, only 1 ID of the
current page.

Nadav

Nadav