    What controls that?

    Thanks,
    -Amelyan

    Amelyan, May 25, 2005

  2. Amelyan

    Brock Allen Guest

    The browser is probabaly sometimes caching the page. So when it has a cached
    copy, no request is made to teh webserver. If it doesn't have a cachedpage
    then it makes the request to the server.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, May 25, 2005

  3. Amelyan

    Amelyan Guest

    Brock,

    Thank you for your explanation. However, I encounter an error when cached
    page is used to execute my request instead of new page, when I do the
    following:

    1) Click "Back" button on my internet explorer, which brings my cached page.
    2) Then click on *any* control that has a handler.

    "An error has occurred because a control with auto-generated id '_ctl6'
    could not be located to raise a postback event. To avoid this error,
    explicitly set the ID property of controls that raise postback events. "

    Do you know why that happens?

    Thanks,
    Amelyan

    Amelyan, May 25, 2005