"Back" button on IE, creates a new Page object?

Amelyan

Sometimes, when I hit the back button on IE, my Page_Load function gets
executed. But sometimes, it doesn't.

What controls that?

Thanks,
-Amelyan

Brock Allen

The browser is probabaly sometimes caching the page. So when it has a cached
copy, no request is made to teh webserver. If it doesn't have a cachedpage
then it makes the request to the server.

Amelyan

Brock,

Thank you for your explanation. However, I encounter an error when cached
page is used to execute my request instead of new page, when I do the
following:

1) Click "Back" button on my internet explorer, which brings my cached page.
2) Then click on *any* control that has a handler.

"An error has occurred because a control with auto-generated id '_ctl6'
could not be located to raise a postback event. To avoid this error,
explicitly set the ID property of controls that raise postback events. "

Do you know why that happens?

Thanks,
Amelyan