    sending him to totally different page.
    Thanks, Shimon.
    , Jun 26, 2003

  2. Rajesh.V Guest

    Also you could try placing the js history.forward(1) in the pages, people
    shouldnt come back to. This js effectively disables the back button.

    "" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > In my application I have a wizard and I have to make sure that user can't
    > come back to previous page of the wizard. The problem is that is user

    clicks
    > on "Back" button of the brouser he returns to previous page. How can I
    > restrict this behavior - let's say showing him - "This page expired" or

    just

    Rajesh.V, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Hi Shimon,

    This is a FAQ for script programming. The general idea is that we couldn't
    do it on server side. For client side, we cannot totally remove the ability
    for the user to go back to the previous location, although we can make it
    harder.

    Please refer to http://developer.irt.org/script/311.htm for some methods to
    do so.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,
    HuangTM
    Tian Min Huang, Jun 27, 2003

    Thanks, to everybody how answered me.
    The functionality I am looking for is something that is similar to
    Excite.com functionality.
    The home page has to be updated from the server. If I am going to one of
    the topics and then click on "Back" button the request is sent to the server
    and browser doesn't show me cashed page. I find it very nice (and very
    useful for my application).
    Thanks for answers.
    Simon.

    "Tian Min Huang" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Shimon,
    >
    > This is a FAQ for script programming. The general idea is that we couldn't
    > do it on server side. For client side, we cannot totally remove the

    ability
    > for the user to go back to the previous location, although we can make it
    > harder.
    >
    > Please refer to http://developer.irt.org/script/311.htm for some methods

    > do so.
    >
    > Hope this helps.