back/forward button browser

Simon

Another question.

How can I disable the back- and forwardbutton of the browser?

Thanks,
Simon

Tom Cole

Another question.

How can I disable the back- and forwardbutton of the browser?

Thanks,
Simon

You can't, and you shouldn't. You may try to experiment with replacing
the browser history so they don't go anywhere, but even that makes
your site behave in a way that is inconsistent with other sites.

Simon

And what about hiding it?

Tom Cole said:
You can't, and you shouldn't. You may try to experiment with replacing
the browser history so they don't go anywhere, but even that makes
your site behave in a way that is inconsistent with other sites.

Richard Formby

Simon wrote:

[top posting corrected]
And what about hiding it?

Hiding what? The back button?

Bugger off. That is *my* back button. Not yours.

Besides, *my* browser won't let you interfeer with *my* history :)

Tom Cole

Simon wrote:

[top posting corrected]
And what about hiding it?

Hiding what? The back button?

Bugger off. That is *my* back button. Not yours.

Besides, *my* browser won't let you interfeer with *my* history :)

Thank you Richard. I was going to point out that maybe the better
strategy is to program in a way that actual accounts for user
input.... But was afraid that might be too harsh. You know how
sensitive some people can be... :)