    When yes, how?

    --
    T. Fischer

    Tami Fischer, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Tami Fischer

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:18:26 +0900, Tami Fischer
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Hello there,

    G'day.

    > Can you change the background-color of tool tip?

    No. It is part of the OS, not your page.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Tami Fischer

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Tami Fischer wrote:
    > Hello there,
    >
    > Can you change the background-color of tool tip?
    > When yes, how?

    One way that you might be able to do it... bit of a kludge though.

    Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
    it's probably possible).

    Make your own JS tooltips (there is lots of code around for this) with a
    coloured background.

    If they don't have JS enabled, they get the standard tooltip.

    If they do have JS, the standard tooltip is disabled/hidden and they get
    yours instead.

    Nik Coughin, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Tami Fischer

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:

    > Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
    > it's probably possible).

    onmouseover="x=this.title;this.title='';"
    onmouseout="this.title=x;"

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Tami Fischer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >

    >>Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
    >>it's probably possible).

    > onmouseover="x=this.title;this.title='';"
    > onmouseout="this.title=x;"

    Hmmm I like that. It work for two reasons; users without JS wouldnt get
    an error, and it wouldn't mess up accessibility.

    But still seems a daft thing to do.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Tami Fischer

    Toby Inkster Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Hmmm I like that.

    Of course you do. I made it. How could anyone not like it?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Tami Fischer

    Vladdy Guest

    Vladdy, Sep 30, 2004
  8. Tami Fischer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >

    >>Hmmm I like that.

    > Of course you do. I made it. How could anyone not like it?

    *grins* oh baby.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 30, 2004