Background colors don't appear in IE 6

wideopensvt

I'm having a display issue with Javascript pages on a new computer.
Background colors don't appear within tables or frames in Internet
Explorer 6.

Example #1:
http://www.centurysearch.com/pages/1/index.htm
When you go to the page you should see a blue background on the top,
left, and right sides. This gives the appearance that the blue
navigation bar on the left side of the page stretches to the bottom of
the window. The blue doesn't appear at all on the Inspiron, so you see
white space above and below the button images. In addition, there
should be a black background that extends the "Century Search" banner
to the right side of the screen. That is also missing.

Example #2:
http://www.usatoday.com/
The main USA Today logo should be blue with white letters. This is
transparent image with a blue background in that section of the page.
The blue background does not show up on this Inspiron, so you faintly
see the USA Today logo in white.

I assume that a command in the source code of these pages is blocked or
ignored by the browser, but I don't know why. Is there a setting that
I'm not aware of?

Note: The PC has Norton Internet Security installed, but it is
disabled for now.

Daniel Kirsch

I'm having a display issue with Javascript pages on a new computer.
Background colors don't appear within tables or frames in Internet
Explorer 6.

WFM.
You may try a new driver for you graphic card.

Daniel

BootNic

[...]

Check to see if you have some of the Accessibility features checked or if you have a custom style
sheet.

Tools|Internet Options click on the Accessibility button

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated Mon, 31 Oct
2005 22:43:17, seen in Thomas 'PointedEars'
Lahn said:
dary said:
I had the same problem. [...]

When replying to an article being almost (missed by a day) three months old
(which is by itself not a Bad Thing, considering it contained a possible
solution), one should understand the importance of the article referred to
being quoted in some way,

Not doing so does indicate the ineptness of the one who responds.

So, of course, does omitting to indicate by attribution the age of the
ancient article.

Ineptness indicators are beneficial.