Background colors don't appear in IE 6

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by wideopensvt@hotmail.com, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I'm having a display issue with Javascript pages on a new computer.
    Background colors don't appear within tables or frames in Internet
    Explorer 6.

    Example #1:
    http://www.centurysearch.com/pages/1/index.htm
    When you go to the page you should see a blue background on the top,
    left, and right sides. This gives the appearance that the blue
    navigation bar on the left side of the page stretches to the bottom of
    the window. The blue doesn't appear at all on the Inspiron, so you see
    white space above and below the button images. In addition, there
    should be a black background that extends the "Century Search" banner
    to the right side of the screen. That is also missing.

    Example #2:
    http://www.usatoday.com/
    The main USA Today logo should be blue with white letters. This is
    transparent image with a blue background in that section of the page.
    The blue background does not show up on this Inspiron, so you faintly
    see the USA Today logo in white.

    I assume that a command in the source code of these pages is blocked or
    ignored by the browser, but I don't know why. Is there a setting that
    I'm not aware of?

    Note: The PC has Norton Internet Security installed, but it is
    disabled for now.

    , Jul 1, 2005

  2. VK Guest

    It works fine for IE 6.0 on Windows XP Prof SP1

    What is your conf?

    VK, Jul 1, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > I'm having a display issue with Javascript pages on a new computer.
    > Background colors don't appear within tables or frames in Internet
    > Explorer 6.

    WFM.
    You may try a new driver for you graphic card.

    Daniel

    Daniel Kirsch, Jul 1, 2005
  4. BootNic Guest

    > "" <> wrote:
    >
    > I'm having a display issue with Javascript pages on a new computer.
    > Background colors don't appear within tables or frames in Internet
    > Explorer 6.
    >
    > Example #1:
    > http://www.centurysearch.com/pages/1/index.htm
    > When you go to the page you should see a blue background on the top,
    > left, and right sides. This gives the appearance that the blue
    > navigation bar on the left side of the page stretches to the bottom of
    > the window. The blue doesn't appear at all on the Inspiron, so you
    > see white space above and below the button images. In addition, there
    > should be a black background that extends the "Century Search" banner
    > to the right side of the screen. That is also missing.
    >
    > Example #2:
    > http://www.usatoday.com/
    > The main USA Today logo should be blue with white letters. This is
    > transparent image with a blue background in that section of the page.
    > The blue background does not show up on this Inspiron, so you faintly
    > see the USA Today logo in white.
    >
    > I assume that a command in the source code of these pages is blocked
    > or ignored by the browser, but I don't know why. Is there a setting
    > that I'm not aware of?
    >
    > Note: The PC has Norton Internet Security installed, but it is
    > disabled for now.

    Check to see if you have some of the Accessibility features checked or if you have a custom style
    sheet.

    Tools|Internet Options click on the Accessibility button

    --
    BootNic Friday, July 01, 2005 9:02 AM

    If we were not meant to make mistakes we would not have a Department of Corrections.
    *Unknown**

    BootNic, Jul 1, 2005
  5. dary wrote:

    > I had the same problem. [...]

    When replying to an article being almost (missed by a day) three months old
    (which is by itself not a Bad Thing, considering it contained a possible
    solution), one should understand the importance of the article referred to
    being quoted in some way, for example with

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/293d7b364f2d15d7>

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Oct 31, 2005
  6. JRS: In article <>, dated Mon, 31 Oct
    2005 22:43:17, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Thomas 'PointedEars'
    Lahn <> posted :
    >dary wrote:
    >
    >> I had the same problem. [...]

    >When replying to an article being almost (missed by a day) three months old
    >(which is by itself not a Bad Thing, considering it contained a possible
    >solution), one should understand the importance of the article referred to
    >being quoted in some way,

    Not doing so does indicate the ineptness of the one who responds.

    So, of course, does omitting to indicate by attribution the age of the
    ancient article.

    Ineptness indicators are beneficial.

    --
    © John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©