Background graphic doesn't display in AOL

Steve

Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
steve

Adrienne

Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
steve

Have you tried validating it? Get rid of the unnessary M$ FrontPage/Word
bloat, stick on DOCTYPE on it, and run it through a validator.

Steve

Now that is strange - At least using aol, I get the navigation buttons
- probably there's a lot of stuff that doesn't absolutely have to be
there (things having to do with MSWord, FrontPage, etc) but I'm not a
good enough html guy to figure this one out - any of you know of a
program I can get that would tell me where the incompatibilities are?
Thanks,
steve

Adrienne

Now that is strange - At least using aol, I get the navigation buttons
- probably there's a lot of stuff that doesn't absolutely have to be
there (things having to do with MSWord, FrontPage, etc) but I'm not a
good enough html guy to figure this one out - any of you know of a
program I can get that would tell me where the incompatibilities are?
Thanks,
steve

Actually, it's not strange at all. The navigation buttons are an applet.
Anyone visiting without Java (not javascript) will not be able to navigate.
The percentage of visitors with Java turned off is far greater than those
with javascript turned off.

Navigation links should be plain text links, or small images using either
javascript or CSS for rollover effects if desired, with appropriate alt
attributes for non-visual browsers.

Get yourself a copy of http://www.chami.com/html-kit . It has HTML-Tidy
built in. Run Tidy using the Strip Surplus Tags option to remove the M$
bloat.

jake

Steve said:
Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
steve

(a) Your navigation is *invisible* to assistive technology

(b) Set the correct 'ALT=' text on lo606.gif

regards.