    etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
    www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
    steve

    Steve, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Steve

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Steve <>
    writing in news:p:

    > Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
    > The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
    > of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
    > etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
    > www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
    > steve

    Have you tried validating it? Get rid of the unnessary M$ FrontPage/Word
    bloat, stick on DOCTYPE on it, and run it through a validator.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Oct 19, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
    > The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
    > of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
    > etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
    > www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!

    Your problems run deeper than just AOL:
    http://demo.hyweljenkins.co.uk/steve.jpg

    No background image, no navigation.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Now that is strange - At least using aol, I get the navigation buttons
    - probably there's a lot of stuff that doesn't absolutely have to be
    there (things having to do with MSWord, FrontPage, etc) but I'm not a
    good enough html guy to figure this one out - any of you know of a
    program I can get that would tell me where the incompatibilities are?
    Thanks,
    steve

    Steve, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Steve

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Steve <>
    writing in news::

    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:26:16 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>> Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
    >>> The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
    >>> of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
    >>> etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
    >>> www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!

    >>Your problems run deeper than just AOL:
    >>http://demo.hyweljenkins.co.uk/steve.jpg
    >>
    >>No background image, no navigation.

    > Now that is strange - At least using aol, I get the navigation buttons
    > - probably there's a lot of stuff that doesn't absolutely have to be
    > there (things having to do with MSWord, FrontPage, etc) but I'm not a
    > good enough html guy to figure this one out - any of you know of a
    > program I can get that would tell me where the incompatibilities are?
    > Thanks,
    > steve

    Actually, it's not strange at all. The navigation buttons are an applet.
    Anyone visiting without Java (not javascript) will not be able to navigate.
    The percentage of visitors with Java turned off is far greater than those
    with javascript turned off.

    Navigation links should be plain text links, or small images using either
    javascript or CSS for rollover effects if desired, with appropriate alt
    attributes for non-visual browsers.

    Get yourself a copy of http://www.chami.com/html-kit . It has HTML-Tidy
    built in. Run Tidy using the Strip Surplus Tags option to remove the M$
    bloat.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Steve

    Wipkip Guest

    Adrienne wrote:

    > The percentage of visitors with Java turned off is
    > far greater than those with javascript turned off.

    Very interesting.

    --
    Duende

    Wipkip, Oct 20, 2003
  7. Steve

    jake Guest

    In message <>, Steve
    <> writes
    >Can anyone figure out why this website isn't working correctly on AOL?
    >The background is supposed to be a graphic of a map at the top-center
    >of each page, and although it displays fine with IE6 using Earthlink,
    >etc., it doesn't display on AOL browsers - Website is
    >www.euroamericanmarketing.com - TIA!
    >steve

    (a) Your navigation is *invisible* to assistive technology

    (b) Set the correct 'ALT=' text on lo606.gif

    regards.
    --
    Jake

    jake, Oct 20, 2003