    http://www.goodtraders.com/viewfeedback.php?nick=Borg
    DONATIONS TO
    Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    BORG, Jun 29, 2003

  2. BORG

    BORG Guest

    BORG, Jun 29, 2003

  3. BORG

    BORG Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:59:07 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:

    >In post <>
    >BORG said...
    >
    >> How can I make a picture used as the background only show the once and
    >> not tile,

    >no-repeat
    >http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#propdef-background-repeat

    well that didn't work i typed

    BODY {
    background: white url("christonthecross2.jpg");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center;
    }

    and now nothing on the page displays

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    BORG, Jun 29, 2003
  4. BORG

    David Graham Guest

    "BORG" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:59:07 +1000, brucie <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In post <>
    > >BORG said...
    > >
    > >> How can I make a picture used as the background only show the once and
    > >> not tile,

    > >no-repeat
    > >http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#propdef-background-repeat

    > well that didn't work i typed
    >
    > BODY {
    > background: white url("christonthecross2.jpg");
    > background-repeat: no-repeat;
    > background-position: center;
    > }
    >
    > and now nothing on the page displays

    I don't know, but you have mixed the short-hand method of using background
    with the long way of doing things. Try
    BODY {
    background: white url("christonthecross2.jpg") no-repeat center center;
    }

    I repeated center value so it ends up in the centre of the screen

    HTH

    David

    David Graham, Jun 29, 2003
  5. "David Graham" <> wrote:

    >> BODY {
    >> background: white url("christonthecross2.jpg");
    >> background-repeat: no-repeat;
    >> background-position: center; }
    >>
    >> and now nothing on the page displays

    > I don't know, but you have mixed the short-hand method of using
    > background with the long way of doing things.

    Maybe mixed, in a sense, but there's nothing wrong with using first a
    shorthand, then specific properties - as long as you know what you're
    doing.

    Regarding the OP's problem, we need the URL to see where he actually
    put it and what the whole context is. Surely if text color is set to
    white and the image is not available, white on white shall it be (in
    most most browsing situations).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 29, 2003
  6. BORG

    BORG Guest

    problem solved. it didn't say on the web page it had to be in

    I just put it in the code

    <!--
    body {
    background-color: #000000;
    background-image: url(christonthecross2.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    line-height: normal;