    --
    Steven
    Remove pants to reply by e-mail

    steven, Jan 21, 2004

  2. steven

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 1/21/04 10:59 AM, steven typed wildly with reckless
    abandon:

    > Hi,
    > the page is at http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/index.htm
    > the css file is http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/generic.css
    > and the problem: the background image doesn't show in the menu div under
    > Mozilla Firebird 0.7.
    > It does work in Dreamweaver Design View, and the default browser is also
    > Mozilla.
    > Bah, it even works in Internet Exploder.
    > A solution and maybe constructive criticism will be appreciated.

    Do you mean the menu on the left? I see the pic.
    Specifically, this is what I see:
    http://members.tdn.com/ajhess/img/ss.gif

    A Hess, Jan 21, 2004

  3. steven

    steven Guest

    "A Hess" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere around 1/21/04 10:59 AM, steven typed wildly with reckless
    > abandon:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > the page is at http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/index.htm
    > > the css file is http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/generic.css
    > > and the problem: the background image doesn't show in the menu div under
    > > Mozilla Firebird 0.7.
    > > It does work in Dreamweaver Design View, and the default browser is also
    > > Mozilla.
    > > Bah, it even works in Internet Exploder.
    > > A solution and maybe constructive criticism will be appreciated.

    > Do you mean the menu on the left? I see the pic.
    > Specifically, this is what I see:
    > http://members.tdn.com/ajhess/img/ss.gif

    Yes, that's the one all right (I mean, all left :). Thanx for having a
    look.
    I'm beginning to see what's wrong. I opened Firebird with the history pane
    open, and I could see part of the image. When I decreased the browser width
    further to about 800 pixels it looked OK. Maximaize to 1280 pixels wide and
    it's gone completely.
    The idea was to have all of the page 800 pixels wide, horizontally centered,
    but the image doesn't seem to understand what I mean and moves out of the
    800 pixels div.
    Anything I can do about it?
    And yes I know IE doesn't center it (that's also the reason why the image
    was visible there). Yet another IE bug?
    Frankly, I don't give a damn about IE, but if there's a nice solution which
    doesn't require too many tricks, I might as well fix it.

    steven, Jan 21, 2004
  4. steven

    steven Guest

    "steven" <> wrote in message
    > "A Hess" <> wrote in message
    > > Somewhere around 1/21/04 10:59 AM, steven typed wildly with reckless
    > > abandon:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > > the page is at http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/index.htm
    > > > the css file is http://users.pandora.be/nenya/0121/generic.css
    > > > and the problem: the background image doesn't show in the menu div

    under
    > > > Mozilla Firebird 0.7.
    > > > It does work in Dreamweaver Design View, and the default browser is

    also
    > > > Mozilla.
    > > > Bah, it even works in Internet Exploder.
    > > > A solution and maybe constructive criticism will be appreciated.

    > > Do you mean the menu on the left? I see the pic.
    > > Specifically, this is what I see:
    > > http://members.tdn.com/ajhess/img/ss.gif

    > Yes, that's the one all right (I mean, all left :). Thanx for having a
    > look.
    > I'm beginning to see what's wrong. I opened Firebird with the history pane
    > open, and I could see part of the image. When I decreased the browser

    width
    > further to about 800 pixels it looked OK. Maximaize to 1280 pixels wide

    and
    > it's gone completely.
    > The idea was to have all of the page 800 pixels wide, horizontally

    centered,
    > but the image doesn't seem to understand what I mean and moves out of the
    > 800 pixels div.
    > Anything I can do about it?
    > And yes I know IE doesn't center it (that's also the reason why the image
    > was visible there). Yet another IE bug?
    > Frankly, I don't give a damn about IE, but if there's a nice solution

    which
    > doesn't require too many tricks, I might as well fix it.

    One more thing: strange that in DW it's still OK when I increase the browser
    width.

    steven, Jan 21, 2004
  5. steven

    steven Guest

    > > I'm beginning to see what's wrong. I opened Firebird with the history
    pane
    > > open, and I could see part of the image. When I decreased the browser

    > width
    > > further to about 800 pixels it looked OK. Maximaize to 1280 pixels wide

    > and
    > > it's gone completely.
    > > The idea was to have all of the page 800 pixels wide, horizontally

    > centered,
    > > but the image doesn't seem to understand what I mean and moves out of

    the
    > > 800 pixels div.
    > > Anything I can do about it?
    > > And yes I know IE doesn't center it (that's also the reason why the

    image
    > > was visible there). Yet another IE bug?
    > > Frankly, I don't give a damn about IE, but if there's a nice solution

    > which
    > > doesn't require too many tricks, I might as well fix it.
    > >

    > One more thing: strange that in DW it's still OK when I increase the

    browser
    > width.

    ok, got it. Changed the background-attachment to relative.
    Any ideas for the IE problem?
    TIA

    Steven

    steven, Jan 21, 2004
  6. steven

    steven Guest

    > ok, got it. Changed the background-attachment to relative.
    > Any ideas for the IE problem?
    > TIA

    Er... doesn't seem to be proper CSS. Oops.

    --
    "Funny... I was talking to myself" (Sabrina)

    steven, Jan 21, 2004