Background Image Question

Chuck

I am using css and have a question about the background.

The page in question is located at http://www.geocities.com/nascarchuck8/
( I know... GC crap)

Here is the background line in my css file:

BODY { background: white url('checkback.jpg') fixed; }

I made the background in Photoshop. What I would like is to set the image
where the checkers on the right side are gone. In other words, I would like
1 set of checkers on the left, then the gray to the right without the other
checkers.

I would also like to tile the image to the bottom of the page.

Is this improper HTML or is this a Photoshop problem? If it is HTML, can
someone give me a hand or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance...

Chuck

oo-

Chuck said:
I am using css and have a question about the background.

The page in question is located at http://www.geocities.com/nascarchuck8/
( I know... GC crap)

Here is the background line in my css file:

BODY { background: white url('checkback.jpg') fixed; }

<snip />

you're so nearly there try

BODY { background: white url('checkback.jpg') repeat-y fixed; }

with this code you can actually make the image smaller as less of it is
needed.

hope that helps

Phil
http://www.doubleonegative.com/

Chuck

oo- said:
you're so nearly there try

BODY { background: white url('checkback.jpg') repeat-y fixed; }

with this code you can actually make the image smaller as less of it is
needed.

hope that helps

Well...

That got rid of the 2nd set of checkers, but... now the area where the 2nd
set of checkers was located is now all white background.

I went in and set the background color to #ECECEC which is the same shade of
gray as the image, but I am sure that's not the proper way to fix the
problem.

Also, by doing this, the image is still only the original height (?). On my
monitor, it only covers about 1/4 of the screen instead of the whole screen.

Do I need to go in and set image size on the background?

Thanks again...

Chuck

oo-

Chuck said:
Well...

That got rid of the 2nd set of checkers, but... now the area where the 2nd
set of checkers was located is now all white background.

I went in and set the background color to #ECECEC which is the same shade of
gray as the image, but I am sure that's not the proper way to fix the
problem.

no thats right if you want the background to be that color then set it to
that color.

Also, by doing this, the image is still only the original height (?). On my
monitor, it only covers about 1/4 of the screen instead of the whole screen.

Do I need to go in and set image size on the background?

it may help to set the height (or min-height) of the body e.g.
body{
height: 100%;
background: #ECECEC url('checkback.jpg') repeat-y fixed;

Chuck

Hey Phil...

Fixed the problem...

I screwed up when saving the image in Photoshop. I forgot to crop the image
properly. :(

Your advice on "repeat-y" helped though...

Thanks again...

Chuck