Background-image weirdness in IE 5.x -- need advice

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jim Royal, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Jim Royal

    Jim Royal Guest

    I'm having a weird refresh problem with a background image in IE 5.x
    for Windows.

    The problem is summed up here with screen shots:

    http://jimroyal.com/ie5_problem.html

    The background image becomes jumbled when the page is first viewed or
    refreshed. However, if you click any link, and then the Back button,
    the page is rendered correctly.

    The original page that exhibits the problem can be found here:

    http://www.jimroyal.com/~digitalwind/

    I have tested in IE 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 (Win), IE 5.1, 5.2 (Mac), Mozilla,
    Opera 7, Safari. The problem happens only in IE 5.x (Win).

    The background image is attached to a DIV with the ID "pagecontent".
    The problem does NOT ocurr when the image is associated with BODY.
    However, I want to avoid doing that.

    Any suggestions?

    --
    Jim Royal