background scale

Greg Lazarchik

I am a HTML beginner and am using a digital photo for a Page background.
But it is a bit smaller than the screen width so it gets tiled. Is
there any way to scale the background image to the screen width?
If so please give me an example of the tags and how they are used.

rf

Greg Lazarchik said:
I am a HTML beginner and am using a digital photo for a Page background.
But it is a bit smaller than the screen width so it gets tiled. Is
there any way to scale the background image to the screen width?

No.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

: I am a HTML beginner and am using a digital photo for a Page background.
: But it is a bit smaller than the screen width so it gets tiled. Is
: there any way to scale the background image to the screen width?
: If so please give me an example of the tags and how they are used.

Hi!

Resize the photo with an image software like Paint Shop Pro or Irfanview.
Not with HTML.

However, even that is not sufficient, as what happens when a person has a
large screen and his screen resolution is 1600 width, e.g. ?

I therefore suggest that you resize to 800 or 1200 (the majority of your
target audience) and you use the no-repeat feature in CSS.

Reference:
www (all aspects):
http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm
HTML http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/index.html