    Thanks.

    eric
    , Oct 25, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > .wipa:active {
    > padding: 0px;
    > margin: 0px;
    > background: url(tiny_assign_list_gray.jpg) no-repeat;
    > width: 30px;
    > height: 5px;
    > }
    >
    > <a class="wipa" href="aPage.html">Work In Progress</a>
    >

    > The above background image will not show up. I've tried every
    > variation possible regarding the path to the image, so I am confident
    > it is not the path. The image is 30x5px. Anybody have any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    First of all

    width: 30px;
    height: 5px;

    would make your link element (A) 5px x 30px not the background *if* the
    A element was a block element, which it is not unless you have changed
    it some where. Who knows because your snipped doesn't show. Anyway would
    would not want the A element 5px x 30px because what if the content
    "Work In Progress" doesn't fit within that tiny block?

    Now if you want some real help, post a URL to the page in question.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 25, 2007

  3. Els Guest

    wrote:

    > .wipa:active {
    > padding: 0px;
    > margin: 0px;
    > background: url(tiny_assign_list_gray.jpg) no-repeat;
    > width: 30px;
    > height: 5px;
    > }
    >
    > <a class="wipa" href="aPage.html">Work In Progress</a>
    >
    > The above background image will not show up.

    Have you tried writing a.wipa without the :active to see if it works
    then? And without the no-repeat? (it might just be sitting where you
    can't see it - I don't know the size of the image, but it does say
    'tiny' :)

    > I've tried every
    > variation possible regarding the path to the image, so I am confident
    > it is not the path. The image is 30x5px. Anybody have any ideas?

    How about a URL so we can check that path too? ;-)
    Other idea: there are styles further down the stylesheet that override
    this one?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Oct 25, 2007