background won't appear

nn

http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/

I am working on a simple website for a friend.
Created a few pages and still in the early stages to see what she would
like.
The pages can be found on geocities for the time being but will be moved to
her own domain at a later stage.

Now I come across a strange thing.

On 2 of the pages (links and wedstrijden) the background won't appear even
though I simply copied and pasted the HTML from one of the other pages
(where you can see the tiled background).
I tried pasting the complete filename
http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/images/achtergrond.jpg

But I still don't see the backgropund...can you see it?
If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?

TIA

Nolly

mike

I can see the background, although I imagine you're not using Safari on
a Mac ;o)

Here's a tip though - try running your code through an HTML validator
such as:
http://validator.w3.org/

This often helps iron out any problems.

Laura

nn said:
http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/

I am working on a simple website for a friend.
Created a few pages and still in the early stages to see what she would
like.
The pages can be found on geocities for the time being but will be moved
to her own domain at a later stage.

Now I come across a strange thing.

On 2 of the pages (links and wedstrijden) the background won't appear even
though I simply copied and pasted the HTML from one of the other pages
(where you can see the tiled background).
I tried pasting the complete filename
http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/images/achtergrond.jpg

But I still don't see the backgropund...can you see it?
If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?

TIA

The link you give is just to the background image itself. Maybe if you can
also give a link to a page where you can see the background plus a link to
the page or pages that are not working for you. Also are all the html pages
in the same directory? If not then the path to your background image may be
different for pages in other directories.

Laura

nn

But I still don't see the background...can you see it?
If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?

TIA

Nolly

I discovered the problem.
The path to the backgroundimage appeared twice in the HTML sheet.
Once to the file on my computer and once to where it should go.
When I deleted the first one the problem was solved.

I had cancelled my message as soon as I had solved the puzzle.
But apparently you have read it.
Anyway thanks for trying to help me solve it.

Nolly