background won't appear

Discussion in 'HTML' started by nn, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. nn

    nn Guest

    http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/

    I am working on a simple website for a friend.
    Created a few pages and still in the early stages to see what she would
    like.
    The pages can be found on geocities for the time being but will be moved to
    her own domain at a later stage.

    Now I come across a strange thing.

    On 2 of the pages (links and wedstrijden) the background won't appear even
    though I simply copied and pasted the HTML from one of the other pages
    (where you can see the tiled background).
    I tried pasting the complete filename
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/images/achtergrond.jpg

    But I still don't see the backgropund...can you see it?
    If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?

    TIA

    Nolly

    nn, Apr 9, 2006

  2. nn

    Guest

    I can see the background, although I imagine you're not using Safari on
    a Mac ;o)

    Here's a tip though - try running your code through an HTML validator
    such as:
    http://validator.w3.org/

    This often helps iron out any problems.

    , Apr 10, 2006

  3. nn

    Laura Guest

    "nn" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/
    >
    > I am working on a simple website for a friend.
    > Created a few pages and still in the early stages to see what she would
    > like.
    > The pages can be found on geocities for the time being but will be moved
    > to her own domain at a later stage.
    >
    > Now I come across a strange thing.
    >
    > On 2 of the pages (links and wedstrijden) the background won't appear even
    > though I simply copied and pasted the HTML from one of the other pages
    > (where you can see the tiled background).
    > I tried pasting the complete filename
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamtrimsalon/images/achtergrond.jpg
    >
    > But I still don't see the backgropund...can you see it?
    > If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?
    >
    > TIA

    The link you give is just to the background image itself. Maybe if you can
    also give a link to a page where you can see the background plus a link to
    the page or pages that are not working for you. Also are all the html pages
    in the same directory? If not then the path to your background image may be
    different for pages in other directories.

    Laura

    Laura, Apr 10, 2006
  4. nn

    nn Guest

    > But I still don't see the background...can you see it?
    > If not, could someone please help me discover why it won't show?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Nolly

    I discovered the problem.
    The path to the backgroundimage appeared twice in the HTML sheet.
    Once to the file on my computer and once to where it should go.
    When I deleted the first one the problem was solved.

    I had cancelled my message as soon as I had solved the puzzle.
    But apparently you have read it.
    Anyway thanks for trying to help me solve it.

    Nolly

    nn, Apr 10, 2006