    Settings\Administrator\.keystore

    But what else must I back up just to avert disaster with a HD crash? Thanks,
    Ike

    Ike, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Ike

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:09:08 GMT, "Ike" <> wrote,

    >I have a digital certificate I use for signing which was created with
    >keytool. I want to back it up, and am wondering what files I should back up.
    >
    >I have it on an XP box, and I know I need to backup \Documents and
    >Settings\Administrator\.keystore
    >
    >But what else must I back up just to avert disaster with a HD crash? Thanks,
    >Ike

    your .keystore and cacerts files. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keystore.html
    and
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cacerts.html
    for how to find them all.

    Make sure you either back them all up, or make sure the ones you back
    up contain the crucial certs.

    You can poke around with keytool to see what is in there. Even easier
    is to use IBM's gui keyman to go exploring.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keyman.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.