backing up digital signatures

Ike

I have a digital certificate I use for signing which was created with
keytool. I want to back it up, and am wondering what files I should back up.

I have it on an XP box, and I know I need to backup \Documents and
Settings\Administrator\.keystore

But what else must I back up just to avert disaster with a HD crash? Thanks,
Ike

Roedy Green

I have a digital certificate I use for signing which was created with
keytool. I want to back it up, and am wondering what files I should back up.

I have it on an XP box, and I know I need to backup \Documents and
Settings\Administrator\.keystore

But what else must I back up just to avert disaster with a HD crash? Thanks,
Ike

your .keystore and cacerts files. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keystore.html
and
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cacerts.html
for how to find them all.

Make sure you either back them all up, or make sure the ones you back
up contain the crucial certs.

You can poke around with keytool to see what is in there. Even easier
is to use IBM's gui keyman to go exploring.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keyman.html