Backspace and F5

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

No.
These are functions of the browser and you cannot reassign them for security
reasons.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Herb,

I agree with Steve. The backspace and F5 behavior is completely associated
with client-side webbrowser. HTML page or ASP.NET web page's content or
httpheader has no option to control this behavior. Also, as far as I knew,
browser seems hasn't such key mapping and they're fixed and associated with
certain toolbar button or menu.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Guest

OK. If I can't stop the user from using them, how do I detect that they have
been done and write code for them?

Guest

The links on the page are broken, but I get the concept from the article.
Thanks for the help.