Backspace and F5

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. Can I disable or remap these keys in my asp.net website?
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Oct 13, 2006

  2. No.
    These are functions of the browser and you cannot reassign them for security
    reasons.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 14, 2006

  3. Hello Herb,

    I agree with Steve. The backspace and F5 behavior is completely associated
    with client-side webbrowser. HTML page or ASP.NET web page's content or
    httpheader has no option to control this behavior. Also, as far as I knew,
    browser seems hasn't such key mapping and they're fixed and associated with
    certain toolbar button or menu.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 16, 2006
  4. OK. If I can't stop the user from using them, how do I detect that they have
    been done and write code for them?

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Oct 16, 2006
  5. Well you could detect a page refresh using the technique outlined here:
    http://jarednevans.typepad.com/technoblog/2005/01/jareds_techno_b.html

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 16, 2006
  6. The links on the page are broken, but I get the concept from the article.
    Thanks for the help.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Oct 16, 2006