Backup SQL Server to script file in code?

Lee

Is there anyway to backup a SQL server database to a .sql script file
through code? My provider charges me 5.00 to perform backups. I'd
like to do it on my own through code. I don't have access to the
database server machine however.

Thank you.

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Terry Burns

Well not exactly. However, you could query each table and return the data to
a local storage, either xml or sql.

Lee

Terry Burns enlightened me by writing:
Well not exactly. However, you could query each table and return the
data to a local storage, either xml or sql.

That's what I figured. I need to also backup the database schema as
well. I guess I could manually iterate over all the objects and create
scripts for all that as well...

Thanks for the response.

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Guest

The Microsoft Sql Web Data Administrator Web app has an Export function that
does this very nicely.
Peter

Lee

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP] enlightened me by writing:
Microsoft Sql Web Data Administrator Web app

I've tried this by installing it locally and trying to connect to the
sql server over the net: no go.

I've also tried uploading the web app to my server but only get
"Required permissions cannot be acquired"

I've tried setting up the web config, but I'm not that familiar with
everything yet and am just blundering around.

Thanks anyway.

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Terry Burns

You need to contact your service provider for details of what you need to do
in order to get access to the server.

--
Terry Burns
http://TrainingOn.net