Backup, synchronization and publishing

Ale

Hi,
I have some websites based on asp. Till now I always downloaded the
database "manually" every weeks just to backup.

However, at the moment I have too many websites and update I am continuously
uploading/downloading.

I never used any software for publishing, well... it is a long time that I
make website (not professionally), therefore as some programmers I continue
to make thinks in the prehistoric way ;P
I have to say that I remember a colleague of mine working with Dreamweaver
and we had the problem of the automatic managing of dreamweaver of links and
extension.

What I need is a software that allows me to synchronize the local copy of
the website with the online one, including all the files (pdf, mdb, swf,
etc...).
No managing of html code or links, just "simple" synchronization.

Sometimes I need just to backup... other times I need to upload the
update...

Which software do you suggest? Which non-free / freeware solutions should I
check?

Thanks,
Ale

David Dorward

Ale said:
What I need is a software that allows me to synchronize the local copy of
the website with the online one, including all the files (pdf, mdb, swf,
etc...).
No managing of html code or links, just "simple" synchronization.
Sometimes I need just to backup... other times I need to upload the
update...

Which software do you suggest?

Rsync.

Ale

I forgot to mention... I have both clients and server with windows... I read
that rsync could give some problem.
I guess it is a matter of configuration... but I guess there is something
specific for win.

If it is not freeware, but highly racomanded, I could spend some money. It
is better being safe :)

Thanks