    I am looking for code that will go through all tables in MYSQL db and
    transfer records into text or excel files.
    Thanks
    Michael, Jan 1, 2007

  2. The MySQL Server should have it's own ability to do that, just like MS SQL
    Server does. It should be able to do it on a schedule. Then you just copy
    the "backup file" somewhere safe or burn it to disk or whatever. The right
    solution is not ASP or text files or excell.

    --
    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    The views expressed are my own (as annoying as they are), and not those of
    my employer or anyone else associated with me.

    Phillip Windell, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi Philip. thank you for respond. I am trying to provide to my customer
    solution that will store the backup somewhere on shared hosting place or
    local machine, so I don't think he will have access for maintenance of DB,
    also I am very like to provide transparent solution, I mean - pressing
    button in admin area the process will be running and store files on server
    or on local machine. So my point to make script that will be initialized by
    user. I know the php with cron can do it, but ASP does not. After that the
    admin will be responsible for restore process from these files. My
    experience tells me do not trust only on server abilities. Thanks again
    Michael

    Michael, Jan 2, 2007
  4. "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > admin will be responsible for restore process from these files. My
    > experience tells me do not trust only on server abilities.

    My experience is to not trust the ASP. The server doing it's own thing
    independent of the ASP is the most dependable. The Backup file can be
    stored in a location reachable from the site,...the file can be downloaded
    by the customer with a simple link if they are wanting to store their own
    copy of the backup file. I know of no way to backup the database using ASP
    nor do I know of any way to restore from the backup copy without the
    customer sending you the file and having you restore it yourself. These are
    functions unique to the type of Database Server you are using and are part
    of what it does, not what the web server does. There may be a way,...but it
    is way beyond me.

    Phillip Windell, Jan 2, 2007