Backup your projects neatly

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Guy, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Guy

    Guy Guest

    If you are tired of trying to timely backup your project you should read
    this message.

    Relative Reversion is a new innovative product that will not only schedule
    your backup sessions incrementally, but it will also manage the number of
    backup snapshots that you want to keep on your storage media. Older backup
    snapshots are cleared automatically per your specifications, which makes
    room for newer backup snapshots to be stored. All the backup snapshots are
    taken incrementally, which reduces the storage requirements to the bear
    minimum. That means that after a simple configuration of Relative Reversion
    you can concentrate on your job while the data that you produce is taken
    care of by Relative Reversion.

    Relative reversion supports a novel E-GFSTM and STDTM algorithms, which
    enables you to define the number of backup snapshots to save based on the
    time they were taken, and to automatically clear outdated files. Several
    definitions exist for Intra-daily, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Special
    backup snapshots.

    Take this opportunity to be among the first to enjoy this robust product,
    and bring a peace to your mind. Visit our web site at www.datamills.com and
    download a time limited edition (expires on December 21, 2003) of this
    product. You may also simply register at our site, as an early adopter of
    this product, and automatically earn a 50% discount coupon for the purchase
    of this product see our web site for details.

    Please do not reply to this message, replies to this message are not
    monitored.

    Guy P.
    DataMills - Better Data Care Solutions
    www.datamills.com
    Guy, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Guy

    Default User Guest

    Guy wrote:

    > If you are tired of trying to timely backup your project you should read
    > this message.

    Never ever buy anything from spammers. It only encourages their
    anti-social behavior.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Guy

    CBFalconer Guest

    Guy wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Please do not reply to this message, replies to this message are
    > not monitored.
    >
    > Guy P.
    > DataMills - Better Data Care Solutions
    > www.datamills.com

    Now here is a spammer with gall.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Guy

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message
    > Guy wrote:
    > >

    > ... snip ...
    > >
    > > Please do not reply to this message, replies to this message are
    > > not monitored.

    > Now here is a spammer with gall.

    "Scissors!"
    "Yes, doctor!"
    <slap>
    [snip spammer's link]

    When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    Mike Wahler wrote:

    > When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    > his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    Suture self.

    --
    Richard Heathfield :
    Richard Heathfield, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Guy

    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    > > When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    > > his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    > Suture self.

    <frown> Huh?

    <light bulb> Ahh!!!

    <groan>

    Methinks I've met my match!

    Does your wife get as exasperated with you
    as mine does with me? :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Guy

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    > > When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    > > his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    > Suture self.

    That's enough of this thread.

    Brian Rodenborn
  8. Guy

    Alan Balmer Guest

    Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:45:52 GMT, Default User <>
    wrote:

    >Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >>
    >> Mike Wahler wrote:
    >>
    >> > When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    >> > his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    >> Suture self.

    >That's enough of this thread.

    About enough for five stitches?

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting
    Alan Balmer, Oct 3, 2003
  9. On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:29:57 +0000, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Guy wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> Please do not reply to this message, replies to this message are
    >> not monitored.
    >>
    >> Guy P.
    >> DataMills - Better Data Care Solutions
    >> www.datamills.com

    > Now here is a spammer with gall.

    err.... I think that's an oxymoron.
    Jim Showalter, Oct 3, 2003
  10. Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    Mike Wahler wrote:

    > <light bulb> Ahh!!!
    >
    > <groan>
    >
    > Methinks I've met my match!
    >
    > Does your wife get as exasperated with you
    > as mine does with me? :)

    I can't tell on the available evidence; I suspect, though, that the Usanians
    amongst us would say we're likely to be in the same ball park.

    --
    Richard Heathfield :
    Richard Heathfield, Oct 3, 2003
  11. Guy

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    >> When replying to a spammer's post, please remove his gall
    >> bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    > Suture self.

    Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!
    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA
    Morris Dovey, Oct 3, 2003
  12. Guy

    CBFalconer Guest

    Morris Dovey wrote:
    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > > Mike Wahler wrote:
    > >
    > >> When replying to a spammer's post, please remove his gall
    > >> bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    > > Suture self.

    > Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!

    Are you impugning his motives?

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Oct 3, 2003
  13. Guy

    > Morris Dovey wrote:
    > > Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > > > Suture self.

    > > Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!

    > Are you impugning his motives?

    Have you seen the book (I forgot the author) entitled
    "Get Thee to a Punnery" ? (yes it's a real book).

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 3, 2003
  14. Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:53:30 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Mike Wahler"
    <> wrote:

    >Have you seen the book (I forgot the author) entitled
    >"Get Thee to a Punnery" ? (yes it's a real book).

    Get Thee to a Punnery
    by Richard Lederer, Bill Thompson (Illustrator)

    --
    Mark McIntyre
    Mark McIntyre, Oct 4, 2003
  15. Guy

    Morris Dovey Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > Morris Dovey wrote:
    >
    >>Richard Heathfield wrote:

    >>>Suture self.

    >>Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!

    > Are you impugning his motives?

    No. He's punctilious, not Punic.
    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA
    Morris Dovey, Oct 4, 2003
  16. Guy

    "Morris Dovey" <> wrote in message
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    > > Morris Dovey wrote:

    > >>Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!

    > > Are you impugning his motives?

    > No. He's punctilious, not Punic.

    And he posts with impunity. Please don't punch him.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 4, 2003
  17. Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    Mike Wahler wrote:

    > "Morris Dovey" <> wrote in message
    >> CBFalconer wrote:

    >> > Are you impugning his motives?

    >> No. He's punctilious, not Punic.

    > And he posts with impunity. Please don't punch him.

    You guys sure love grep, don't you? But now it's time to put /usr/dict/words
    back in the cupboard and get on with your homework (or rather, since this
    is comp.lang.c, other people's homework).

    --
    Richard Heathfield :
    Richard Heathfield, Oct 4, 2003
  18. Guy

    CBFalconer Guest

    Morris Dovey wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    > > Morris Dovey wrote:

    > >>Someone march Richard off to the punitentiary!

    > > Are you impugning his motives?

    > No. He's punctilious, not Punic.

    This means war. Carthago delenda est.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Oct 4, 2003
  19. Guy

    > You guys sure love grep, don't you?

    Not me. I'm not using it. This stuff is naturally
    flowing from my twisted mind. :)

    > But now it's time to put /usr/dict/words
    > back in the cupboard and get on with your homework (or rather, since this
    > is comp.lang.c, other people's homework).

    Agreed.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 4, 2003
  20. Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly

    Groovy hepcat Richard Heathfield was jivin' on Thu, 2 Oct 2003
    20:41:38 +0000 (UTC) in comp.lang.c.
    Re: [OT, spam] Backup your projects neatly's a cool scene! Dig it!

    >Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    >> When replying to a spammer's post, please remove
    >> his gall bladder. And omit the sutures . :)

    >Suture self.

    You guys should have been surgeons. You've got us all in stitches.
    I'll stop reading this thread now, before someone says something about
    their funny-bone. :)

    http://alphalink.com.au/~phaywood/
    Peter Shaggy Haywood, Oct 6, 2003