`(bacticks) returns "Bad File Descriptor" error with Apache

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Danica Cruz, Jan 16, 2009.

  1. Danica Cruz

    Danica Cruz Guest

    Hello,

    I wanted to run a command line program from Ruby. I used `(backticks) to
    do this. It was successful if I run the program using Webrick but if I
    run it using Apache 2.2.8, a "Bad File Descriptor" error is returned.

    I needed to run `svn list` command to get the names of the files in a
    target repository located in another machine. Using `(backticks) to run
    the command gives me the output that i need.

    This is my code:
    `svn list #{path}`
    #path is the location of the SVN repository in another machine

    Does anybody have any idea why `(backticks) return this kind of error in
    Apache?

    I have already used some of the suggested ways in this site:
    http://tech.natemurray.com/2007/03/ruby-shell-commands.html

    Please help.
    Thank you very much.

    Danica Cruz, Jan 16, 2009