Bad envelope tag: definitions - Web Service Error

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lee, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi,

    I have an application that will open and parse a WSDL file, create and
    build the stub code (using WSDL2Java api), and now I am trying to
    invoke the web service methods. I have tried doing this using:

    1. WSIF (using WSIFOperation.executeRequestResponseOperation)
    2. Axis (using axis.call.client.invoke)
    3. Just reflection (load the stubs and just use Axis for type mapping)

    However, for all 3 of these methods I get:

    org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions

    However, if I create and build the stubs first, package them up and
    include them in my application project, then the above methods work
    fine.

    Has anyone encountered this, or can anyone give me a hint?

    Many thanks

    Lee.
    Lee, Jul 31, 2006