Bad Image Display - GIF

Trevor

I have used a clear GIF image at merrows.com, and sometimes the white
interior does not display properly. REFRESH normally restores it.

Is this an image problem, or a broswer problem? Is there a correction?
It might be a memory issue, sometimes I get bad displays when memory
is low.

brucie

I have used a clear GIF image at http://merrows.com/ ,

i assume one of the three images at the bottom of the page.
and sometimes the white interior does not display properly. REFRESH
normally restores it.

they're fine for me in IE6/O7.23/M1.5
Is this an image problem, or a broswer problem?

does it happen with other browsers?

just as a side note if merrows is a "high technology company in the
field of Internet marketing and direct sales" then the quality of the
site needs to improve a great deal. for example somewhere around 46%
will base your credibility on the sites design look.

trevor oakley

brucie said:
i assume one of the three images at the bottom of the page.

Those, but also the logo in the top right hand corner.
they're fine for me in IE6/O7.23/M1.5

does it happen with other browsers?

I am only using IE. I am not throughly testing the sites with Netscape etc,
as most people use IE (over 95%) and I am focusing on sales.
just as a side note if merrows is a "high technology company in the
field of Internet marketing and direct sales" then the quality of the
site needs to improve a great deal. for example somewhere around 46%
will base your credibility on the sites design look.
This is basically a time consideration, and the site is only a letterhead,
the product sites are linked to it. Almost all the work is getting supplier
contracts. The sites are attacting a lot of sales though.

Managing a business is very different to building a website, you need to
setup merchant accounts, get contracts for supplies, research markets,
handle sales, returns, dispatch, and site build.

There is a lot more work needed on the sites, but I needed to get something
working to get revenues. I am now upgrading to SQL Server, ASP.NET and then
to ORACLE (1-2 years away).

Leif K-Brooks

trevor said:
I am not throughly testing the sites with Netscape etc,
as most people use IE (over 95%) and I am focusing on sales.

My money matters less because of the browser I use?

brucie

I am only using IE.

do you really think your visitor cares what you use?
I am not throughly testing the sites with Netscape etc,
as most people use IE (over 95%)

the way IE works it artificially inflates its stats and other browsers
fake who they are which log analyzers don't always pick up (if they even
care).

my stats reported by webalizer which doesn't distinguish between real IE
and fake IE show 20% use IE so its a safe bet that no one visits my
sites using IE.
and I am focusing on sales.

my $ has a lower value because i don't use IE? thats funny especially
considering people on higher incomes are more likely not to use IE. i
wonder what the estimated 400 million people who will access the net in
'04 using a mobile device will think of your sales strategy.

trevor oakley

brucie said:
do you really think your visitor cares what you use?

I mean I use IE in my planning.
the way IE works it artificially inflates its stats and other browsers
fake who they are which log analyzers don't always pick up (if they even
care).

my stats reported by webalizer which doesn't distinguish between real IE
and fake IE show 20% use IE so its a safe bet that no one visits my
sites using IE.

I am using also first hand knowledge of knowing customers, locally. They all
used Windows/IE.
my $ has a lower value because i don't use IE? thats funny especially
considering people on higher incomes are more likely not to use IE. i
wonder what the estimated 400 million people who will access the net in
'04 using a mobile device will think of your sales strategy.

All sales is based on marketing. A company builds a sales platform based on
market. If 10% sales are lost but 70% of admin/IT costs are saved, then the
equations have to be worked out.

All companies lose sales by not holding certain lines, or shipping to
certain places, etc. These are all management decisions, which focus on
costs.

I lose far more sales because I cannot get supplies.

Barefoot Kid

| just as a side note if merrows is a "high technology company in the
| field of Internet marketing and direct sales" then the quality of the
| site needs to improve a great deal. for example somewhere around 46%
| will base your credibility on the sites design look.

yes the design (or rather lack of it) pretty horrendous