bad position of autocomplete list of input field

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Kubus, May 17, 2005.

  1. Kubus

    Kubus Guest

    Please help, IE 6.0 seems to hava a problem with input form autocomplete
    dropdown positioning.
    The dropdown list with last entries which appears normally right
    below the field but when used within an IFRAME it is offset far down from
    input field - seems the dropdown is moved down exactly same amount as
    IFRAME offset from the top of the main document.

    Simple example:
    <form method="get">
    <input type="text" name="Name" value="">
    </form>
    works ok here:
    http://www.geocities.com/kszmigie/inner.htm

    but this example from above when hosted in IFRAME (simplified
    code here):
    does not work ok, the autocomplete is moved
    down from it's form field:
    http://www.geocities.com/kszmigie/main.htm

    This works ok in Firefox. Anybody has a clue how to workaround it
    or fix it in my code?
    It looks very ugly in my project :(

    Thanks a lot!
    Kuba

    --
    Please remove "niepotrzebne_" from my e-mail when answering.

    Kubus, May 17, 2005

  2. Kubus

    Kubus Guest

    ok, no responses so I'll publish my findings.
    What seems to solve the problem (at least inthis particular case)
    is to add positioning style item to the IFRAME :

    style='position:relative;left:0px;top:0px;'

    and the autocomplete box jumps back to it's correct position.

    Best Regards,
    Kuba

    --
    Please remove "niepotrzebne_" from my e-mail when answering.

    Kubus, May 25, 2005