    Is there existing code that will do that?

    Thanks.
    Dean
    Dean A. Hoover, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Dean A. Hoover

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Dean A. Hoover wrote:
    > In CGI.pm there is a function for making a cookie
    > from a scalar, hash, or array.
    > It apparentley does
    > not support lists of lists, hashes of lists, etc.

    There's no such thing as a list of lists, or a hash of lists. There
    are lists of array references, and hashes of array references, however.

    > Is there existing code that will do that?

    To my knowledge, what you're looking for doesn't quite make sense. A
    cookie can have one value, or a series of values. A series of series
    of values is something altogether different.

    Perhaps you should look into saving your complex data structure as one
    large string? Have a look at the Storable module on CPAN.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Dean A. Hoover

    Damian James Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:47:56 GMT, Dean A. Hoover said:
    > In CGI.pm there is a function for making a cookie
    > from a scalar, hash, or array. It apparentley does
    > not support lists of lists, hashes of lists, etc.
    > Is there existing code that will do that?

    Look at Data::Dumper.

    --Damian
    Damian James, Jul 27, 2005