    HTML without using the <li> system? TIA.
    --
    Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada
    Tony Vella, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Tony Vella

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Tony Vella" <> writes:
    > I would like to create a list of countries without using LIs - just by hand
    > like this:

    > Argentina><br>
    > Brazil><br> etc.
    >
    > But I would like the A of Argentina and the B of Brazil to be, say, under
    > the U of countries (indented, I guess). Is there a way I can do this in
    > HTML without using the <li> system? TIA.

    Why not just use <li>? You're creating a list so list items seem to
    be the sensible way to do it.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Tony Vella

    Tony Vella Guest

    OK, I'll bite. Because the <li> system gives me 2 or 3 blank lines between
    countries and argentina which I don't want.. The LI system comes looking
    ike this:

    countries

    (indent)* argentina
    (indent)* brazil.

    While what I want is like this:

    countries
    (ind) argentina
    (ind) brazil

    I'm sorry I'm not very good at explaining these things.

    --
    Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

    Tony Vella, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Tony Vella

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Tony Vella" <> writes:
    > OK, I'll bite. Because the <li> system gives me 2 or 3 blank lines between
    > countries and argentina which I don't want.. The LI system comes looking
    > ike this:
    >
    > countries
    >
    > (indent)* argentina
    > (indent)* brazil.
    >
    > While what I want is like this:
    >
    > countries
    > (ind) argentina
    > (ind) brazil

    Okay, that's not a problem, you can still use <li>, you just have to
    change it off the default styles:

    <h2 class="clist">Countries</h2>
    <ul class="clist">
    <li>argentina</li>
    </ul>

    Then attach a stylesheet with the following content. You might need
    to play around with margin-left: and padding-left: in the ul.clist
    and/or ul.clist li styles to get the margin where you want it:

    h2.clist { margin-bottom: 0; padding-bottom: 0; }
    ul.clist { margin-top: 0; padding-top: 0; }
    ul.clist li { list-style-type: none; }

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Tony Vella

    Tony Vella Guest

    Thanks very much. Without pretending to understand I have printed your
    reply out and shall followit religiously. Thanks again.

    Tony Vella, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Tony Vella

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:55:46 GMT, "Tony Vella" <>
    wrote:

    : I would like to create a list of countries without using LIs - just by hand
    : like this:
    :
    : Argentina><br>
    : Brazil><br> etc.
    :
    : But I would like the A of Argentina and the B of Brazil to be, say, under
    : the U of countries (indented, I guess). Is there a way I can do this in
    : HTML without using the <li> system? TIA.

    Argentina><br>
    Brazil><br> etc.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 14, 2003
  7. Tony Vella

    Tony Vella Guest

    "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:55:46 GMT, "Tony Vella"

    <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > : I would like to create a list of countries without using LIs - just by

    hand
    > : like this:
    > :
    > : Argentina><br>
    > : Brazil><br> etc.
    > :
    > : But I would like the A of Argentina and the B of Brazil to be, say,

    under
    > : the U of countries (indented, I guess). Is there a way I can do this in
    > : HTML without using the <li> system? TIA.

    > Argentina><br>
    > Brazil><br> etc.
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .

    Bang on at 2.5! Thanks.
    Tony
    Tony Vella, Nov 14, 2003
  8. Tony Vella

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:26:38 GMT, "Tony Vella" <>
    wrote:

    : Bang on at 2.5! Thanks.
    : Tony

    :))

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 14, 2003
  9. Tony Vella wrote:

    >>Argentina><br>
    >>Brazil><br> etc.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.

    > Bang on at 2.5! Thanks.
    > Tony

    If you don't like accessibility, that is. Lists should be marked up as
    lists.
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 14, 2003
  10. Tony Vella

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:26:21 GMT, Leif K-Brooks <>
    wrote:

    : Tony Vella wrote:
    :
    : >><div style="margin-left:1.2em;">
    : >>Argentina><br>
    : >>Brazil><br> etc.
    : >>.
    : >>.
    : >>.
    : >>.
    : >>.
    : > Bang on at 2.5! Thanks.
    : > Tony
    :
    : If you don't like accessibility, that is. Lists should be marked up as
    : lists.

    So.... he's drinking coffee from a tea cup... It tastes nice then too!

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 14, 2003