    factor (some of the controls I found are $700 while other are $40)

    Suggestions appreciated.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Wayne Wengert wrote:
    > I am looking for a process or add-in to add to a web page that will allow me
    > to rotate banner ads, including Flash and animated gif's if possible. I
    > found some via google but I am looking for recommendations. This is for a
    > non-profit group and they are willing to pay for what they use but cost is a
    > factor (some of the controls I found are $700 while other are $40)

    Wayne, check out the ASP.NET Control Gallery at www.asp.net - there is
    an entire Content Rotator control section at:
    http://asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=17&tabindex=2

    Some free, some not...

    Also, might I recommend my free, open-source content rotator control?
    You can read about it and download it from:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/contentrotator.asp

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell [ASP.NET MVP]

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com/ScottMitchell

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 25, 2005

  3. Scott;

    Thanks for that information. I took an initial look at your control and
    although it appears a bit over my head I am thinking it might be a good
    learning exercise? I do have one requirement that I am not sure your ontrol
    addresses? Some of the banner ads we nee to present are Flash ads and some
    of them appear to have built-in links (when you click on that ad it takes
    you to a url without going through your aspx code).

    Does your control support Flash ads and can it record at least the
    impression count? I suspect there is no way to get the "click-throughs" in
    that case?

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Wayne, the ContentRotator control supports ANY markup you specify... I'm
    not too familiar with Flash, but I assume it's emitted using the
    <object> element, no? The ContentRotator can squirt out any HTML markup
    you want... you can even have it work with User Controls, thereby
    allowing it to randomly display content that may have programmatic logic
    behind it.

    hth

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 28, 2005