Date: Thus, 23 Oct 2003 15:02:00 -0500
To: (e-mail address removed)
From: "L. Maturer - Internet America Policy Enforcement"
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: (fwd) Barbecued Tri-Tip is better than C

I don't have any complaints about this post so I don't know it's even out
there :)

Lisa Maturer
Director / Policy Enforcement
Internet America

Nudge

Kevin said:
Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.

humorous perhaps?

Why are NNTP-Posting-Host: headers in your posts are encoded?

Richard Heathfield

Kevin D. Quitt wrote:

While we're at it, are there others who are incensed/annoyed/whatever by
my previous post and think it was totally wrong, or not even mildly
[humorous]?

Humour is in the eye (or, perhaps in this case, the taste-buds) of the
beholder. I didn't think your article was particularly side-splitting, but
I certainly wasn't annoyed by it.

In any event, it was factually incorrect. C is much better than Barbecued
Tri-Tip, even if you're hungry. To remove() your hunger, just rewind() a
little, take your feet off the floor(), and pow()! That chocolate log()
sure puts() the abs() to work. It really is a sin().

Hmmm. This isn't as funny as I'd hoped. I think it's time() for a sharp
exit().

Kevin D. Quitt

humorous perhaps?

Yeah, already corrected. *sigh*

Why are NNTP-Posting-Host: headers in your posts are encoded?

Good question! I have no clue. I'll ask the Airnews folk.

Kevin D. Quitt

Why are NNTP-Posting-Host: headers in your posts are encoded?

--------8<----------------
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:40:23 -0500
To: (e-mail address removed)
From: Internet America Policy Enforcement <[email protected]>

The posting host is encoded for your protection and can only be decoded by
Airnews administrators.

Regards.
--------8<----------------

I feel ever so much safer now.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Richard Heathfield said:
Hmmm. This isn't as funny as I'd hoped. I think it's time() for a sharp
exit().

FWIW, I laughed :) You should certainly abort() your current career and
sprintf() to your local paper and get a job as a humor columnist. I'll even
let you take a celebratory strtok() from my hash pipe.

August Derleth

Encoding a standard header sounds a bit ... suspicious. Almost as
suspicious as stripping previous headers, or spoofing the return path.

Arnak

Kevin said:
Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.
_
Kevin D Quitt OZ 342 Yellow Brick Road 96.37% of all statistics are made up
Per the PTA, this address may not be added to any school lunch box

What's "Tri-Tripe"? 3 cow-stomaches?

You must be humorously hungry.

And you're wrong, it's "holomorphic"....better kick that spell checker again.

(A)

Alan Balmer

Encoding a standard header sounds a bit ... suspicious. Almost as
suspicious as stripping previous headers, or spoofing the return path.

I don't quite understand how this protects their customers, unless
they support lots of spammers.