    #include <standard.disclaimer>
    _
    Per the FCA, this address may not be added to any commercial mail list
    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Since I don't seem to be able to reach

    Chiron Paixos <>

    by email, let me ask what made you think my single post to a single
    newsgroup, as a (hopefully) humorous response to the other silly threads,
    i.e., "x is better than C", was spam and required reporting? Not that
    anybody took the report seriously, I might add.

    While we're at it, are there others who are incensed/annoyed/whatever by
    my previous post and think it was totally wrong, or not even mildly
    humongous?

    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.

    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 23, 2003
  4. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:51:48 -0700, Kevin D. Quitt
    <> wrote:

    >Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.

    Try again, got rid of English (International) dictionary: "humorous", not
    "humongous"

    And for what it's worth:

    Date: Thus, 23 Oct 2003 15:02:00 -0500
    From: "L. Maturer - Internet America Policy Enforcement"
    <>
    Subject: Re: (fwd) Barbecued Tri-Tip is better than C

    I don't have any complaints about this post so I don't know it's even out
    there :)

    Lisa Maturer
    Director / Policy Enforcement
    Internet America

    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Kevin D. Quitt

    Nudge Guest

    Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
    > Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.

    humorous perhaps?

    Why are NNTP-Posting-Host: headers in your posts are encoded?

  6. Kevin D. Quitt wrote:

    <snip>

    > While we're at it, are there others who are incensed/annoyed/whatever by
    > my previous post and think it was totally wrong, or not even mildly
    > [humorous]?

    Humour is in the eye (or, perhaps in this case, the taste-buds) of the
    beholder. I didn't think your article was particularly side-splitting, but
    I certainly wasn't annoyed by it.

    In any event, it was factually incorrect. C is much better than Barbecued
    Tri-Tip, even if you're hungry. To remove() your hunger, just rewind() a
    little, take your feet off the floor(), and pow()! That chocolate log()
    sure puts() the abs() to work. It really is a sin().

    Hmmm. This isn't as funny as I'd hoped. I think it's time() for a sharp
    exit().

    --
    Richard Heathfield :
    Richard Heathfield, Oct 23, 2003
  7. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:15:50 +0200, Nudge <> wrote:

    >Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
    >> Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.

    >humorous perhaps?

    Yeah, already corrected. *sigh*

    >Why are NNTP-Posting-Host: headers in your posts are encoded?

    Good question! I have no clue. I'll ask the Airnews folk.

    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 23, 2003

    --------8<----------------
    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:40:23 -0500
    From: Internet America Policy Enforcement <>

    The posting host is encoded for your protection and can only be decoded by
    Airnews administrators.

    Regards.
    --------8<----------------

    I feel ever so much safer now.

    Kevin D. Quitt, Oct 24, 2003
  9. Richard Heathfield <> spoke thus:

    > Hmmm. This isn't as funny as I'd hoped. I think it's time() for a sharp
    > exit().

    FWIW, I laughed :) You should certainly abort() your current career and
    sprintf() to your local paper and get a job as a humor columnist. I'll even
    let you take a celebratory strtok() from my hash pipe.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 24, 2003
  10. Nudge <> wrote in
    news:3f9836f4$0$10432$ on Thu 23 Oct 2003 02:15:50p:

    > Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
    >> <stuff>

    Encoding a standard header sounds a bit ... suspicious. Almost as
    suspicious as stripping previous headers, or spoofing the return path.
    August Derleth, Oct 25, 2003
  11. Kevin D. Quitt

    Arnak Guest

    Re: Barbecued Tri-Tripe is better than C

    Kevin D Quitt wrote:

    > Uh, make that "homeroom", not "humongous": spell checker sneaked that in.
    >
    > --
    > #include <standard.bowel_movement>

    > _
    > Kevin D Quitt OZ 342 Yellow Brick Road 96.37% of all statistics are made up
    > Per the PTA, this address may not be added to any school lunch box

    What's "Tri-Tripe"? 3 cow-stomaches?

    You must be humorously hungry.

    And you're wrong, it's "holomorphic"....better kick that spell checker again.

    (A)
    Arnak, Oct 25, 2003
  12. Kevin D. Quitt

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 05:04:32 GMT, August Derleth
    <libertarian232003**@onewest.net> wrote:

    >Nudge <> wrote in
    >news:3f9836f4$0$10432$ on Thu 23 Oct 2003 02:15:50p:
    >
    >> Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
    >>> <stuff>

    >Encoding a standard header sounds a bit ... suspicious. Almost as
    >suspicious as stripping previous headers, or spoofing the return path.

    I don't quite understand how this protects their customers, unless
    they support lots of spammers.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting