Barcode - How to capture data in Classic ASP page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Billy, Sep 18, 2010.

  1. Billy

    Billy Guest

    Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
    barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
    site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
    such.

    I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
    URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
    that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
    store it as a members list oif items.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Billy, Sep 18, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Billy

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Billy wrote:
    > Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
    > barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
    > site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
    > such.
    >
    > I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
    > URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
    > that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
    > store it as a members list oif items.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in the
    querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do whatever you want
    with it. The source of the string (bar code scanner, keyboard entry, etc.)
    is irrelevant.
    Bob Barrows, Sep 18, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Billy

    Billy Guest

    On Sep 18, 3:50 pm, "Bob Barrows" <> wrote:
    > Billy wrote:
    > > Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
    > > barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
    > > site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
    > > such.

    >
    > > I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
    > > URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
    > > that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
    > > store it as a members list oif items.

    >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    >
    > I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in the
    > querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do whatever you want
    > with it. The source of the string (bar code scanner, keyboard entry, etc.)
    > is irrelevant.


    Im sorry, what I didnt say was that im looking for the match of the
    UPC string to the product name and description which is not native to
    the source im using to scan it. The matching data I need to gather
    from another web site where the data is hopefully retreivable.
    Billy, Sep 18, 2010
    #3
  4. Billy

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Billy wrote:
    > On Sep 18, 3:50 pm, "Bob Barrows" <> wrote:
    >> Billy wrote:
    >>> Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a
    >>> UPC barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a
    >>> web site that provides this data in a captureable format such as
    >>> XML or such.

    >>
    >>> I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
    >>> URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
    >>> that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database
    >>> to store it as a members list oif items.

    >>
    >>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    >>
    >> I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in
    >> the querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do
    >> whatever you want with it. The source of the string (bar code
    >> scanner, keyboard entry, etc.) is irrelevant.

    >
    > Im sorry, what I didnt say was that im looking for the match of the
    > UPC string to the product name and description which is not native to
    > the source im using to scan it. The matching data I need to gather
    > from another web site where the data is hopefully retreivable.


    I still don't understand how we can help. I would think your first step
    would be to contact the people running that website and ask them how to
    retrieve this information.
    Bob Barrows, Sep 18, 2010
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?S2VuTGVl?=
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    505
    Jeff Dillon
    Apr 11, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page