Barcodes

MDB

Hello All, I am trying to figure out how to dynamically create and display
barcodes in a web form. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give
me an example? Due to budget issues, I prefer not to use third party
products.

TIA

Mike

C.C. \(aka Me\)

What type of barcodes?
1D?
2D?
DataMatrix?
What format (3 of 9, UPC, Postal, etc.)?

You will probably need to do a third party control unless you are willing to
learn how to actually create the barcodes and checksums (some barcodes have
them), This could be harder then you think because you need to make sure the
lines are the correct min/max widths and the space between each barcode is
correct.

You could try using bitmaps to represent each encoded character (if it is a
1D barcode) which you may be able to locate online? You will still need to
know what type of barcode it is and if it has any form of checksum or
redundancy built into it.

Bottom line.. All barcodes are not created equal! :)