Base class as propetry type in serialization

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Victor Irzak, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Victor Irzak

    Victor Irzak Guest

    Hello group,

    I have an interesting problem.

    I have an abstract base class and two derived classes.

    I have a property of the base type.

    When my webcontrol serializes, I get
    <BaseClassPropertyName [list derived class attributes]>

    When I'm building a control, there is an attempt to use a default
    constructor of the BASE class, which causes an error.
    Is it call the default constructor of the derived class?

    Thanks,

    Victor

    Victor Irzak, Nov 3, 2004