base href > url resolves in DW and not in browser or vv

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Laiverd.COM, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Laiverd.COM

    Laiverd.COM Guest

    I have maybe stepped on some dreamweaver problem that is too painfull to be
    solved in that newsgroup ;-) , so I thought it might be wise to post it
    here, hoping that one of you can show me the way to the light, and point out
    where I'm going wrong.

    Though I've been creating websites for quite some time now, I have never
    used <base href> before. I am now in the situation where I either have to
    'invent' some procedure to automatically create absolute paths, or to use
    this tag. However whatever I try one of these two problem always shows up:

    - either I cannot preview the image in Dreamweaver
    - or the browser does not resolve the path properly

    This is what I have tried:
    Resolves in browser but not in dreamweaver:
    <base href="http://localhost/private/ndi/">
    src="images/general/logo_ndi.gif"
    Browser shows this path:
    http://localhost/private/ndi/images/general/logo_ndi.gif

    Resolves in Dreamweaver but not in browser
    <base href=http://localhost/private/ndi>
    src="/images/general/logo_ndi.gif"
    Browser shows this path: http://localhost/images/general/logo_ndi.gif

    I maybe should note that I have not set a default images folder in the site
    definition.

    Site definition:
    local info > http adress: http://localhost/private/ndi/
    testing server > url prefix: http://localhost/private/ndi/

    If someone could shed a light on this. I looked up some info but did not
    find an answer; I feel this somehow is Dreamweaver related, although I find
    that hard to belive.

    Thanks.

    John

    RESOURCES