Base page class error handling

tschulken

I am developing a web app in vb.net. I created a base page class for my
pages and in the page_error event I wrap the exception to collect some
common data elements known to all pages so that this can get logged
later on. I also want some specific pages (derived from the base class)
to also catch the page_error after the base page_error is done with it.
This is so I can add some data specific to that page to the exception.
My problem is that after the base page_error fires the derived
page_error does not fire (unlike some other events like Load). Is
page_error supposed to work that way or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.