BaseValidator - How to stop it from rendering "visibility:hidden"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by jwwishart, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. jwwishart

    jwwishart Guest

    I'm creating a Validator that inherits from BaseValidator. This
    validator is using Callbacks (ASP.NET 2.0)

    I'm able to send the callback and recieve the data that i want but have
    been scratching my head as to why i can't simply assigne the returned
    value (which is the value to be assiged to the style.visibility
    property of a span element) to my span element's style.visibility
    property.

    I've figured out that the BaseValidator is rendering the "visibility:
    hidden" style to the control and for some reason this makes any
    assignment in JavaScript useless!

    Notes:
    1. I know my values are being set to the style.visibility property! I
    have tested the property after assignment
    2. The "visibility: hidden style" is viewable in ViewSource in IE

    REQUIRED INFO!
    1. Why is it so! (Why can't i assign the value to an element that has
    that style rendered already) (Just expressing my confusion. I know i'm
    out of context!)
    2. Can i stop the BaseValidator rendering the "visibility: hidden
    style"???

    I would appreciate any light on this as i've been going for about 8
    hours on this...

    jwwishart, Sep 7, 2006