    when the first user tries to launch it?

    Thanks!

    , Jan 7, 2010

  2. Bob Barrows Guest

    wrote:
    > When .aspx and .vb are first put onto the server and someone launches
    > the file, it is then compiled into binary. Does this happen only once
    > when the first user tries to launch it?

    Yes

    ***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
    recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows, Jan 7, 2010

    On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:28:24 -0500, "Bob Barrows"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> When .aspx and .vb are first put onto the server and someone launches
    >> the file, it is then compiled into binary. Does this happen only once
    >> when the first user tries to launch it?
    >>

    >Yes
    >
    >***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
    >There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    >of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - always a
    >recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    >ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    >lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    >question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    >group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    >microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums at www.asp.net.

    Thanks Bob, I added the other newgroup to my list.

    , Jan 7, 2010