Basic ASP.NET regarding query string and results

Grant Schenck

Hello,

I'm a Win32/Forms developer and have to do a little ASP.

So, the requirement is that I need to build an ASP.NET solution. I built it
using I guess standard ASP.NET in that get a request and generate updates to
the page as a result. This was all pretty easy.

Now, the requirement is actually to handle a request like this:

http://myserver.com/myapp.asp?action=Function1?data=1234

And generate one for some functions, two return results (numbers).

I'm pretty sure that this is ASP 101 but I learned it at such a high level
that I'm not clear about how to go about constructing a page like this. I
think I can figure out how to write a page tht is able to get at the data
passed ("action=Function1?data=1234") but I'm unsure how I go about
returning results. This is where I'm mentally stuck!

Thanks,

Grant Schenck

Guest

You can get the querystring items with

Request.QueryString["itemname"];

You can do this in the Page_Load event handler method body.
Peter