Basic ASP problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Yatin Soni, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Yatin Soni

    Yatin Soni Guest

    Hi,
    I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.

    This is ALL the code that i have..

    <%
    response.write("This is a test")
    %>

    the file is saved as test.asp

    I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
    <%
    response.write("This is a test")
    %>

    What am i doing wrong?
    Thanks

    Yatin Soni, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Yatin Soni

    Evertjan. Guest

    Yatin Soni wrote on 02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.
    >
    > This is ALL the code that i have..
    >
    > <%
    > response.write("This is a test")
    > %>
    >
    > the file is saved as test.asp
    >
    > I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
    > <%
    > response.write("This is a test")
    > %>

    Your server does not support ASP

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 2, 2004

  3. Yatin Soni

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 2 Nov 2004 01:03:37 -0800, (Yatin Soni)
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.
    >
    >This is ALL the code that i have..
    >
    ><%
    >response.write("This is a test")
    >%>
    >
    >the file is saved as test.asp
    >
    >I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
    ><%
    >response.write("This is a test")
    >%>
    >

    >What am i doing wrong?

    Running it as in opening it in your browser as a page? If so, does
    your server support ASP?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 3, 2004