Basic ASP problem

Yatin Soni

Hi,
I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.

This is ALL the code that i have..

<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

the file is saved as test.asp

I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks

Evertjan.

Yatin Soni wrote on 02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.

This is ALL the code that i have..

<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

the file is saved as test.asp

I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

Your server does not support ASP

Jeff Cochran

Hi,
I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.

This is ALL the code that i have..

<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

the file is saved as test.asp

I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

What am i doing wrong?

Running it as in opening it in your browser as a page? If so, does
your server support ASP?

Jeff