basic authentication in axis wsdl2java generated client code

bill turner

I am writing my first webservice client. I ran wsdl2java to generate
the client code and have been following the documentation provided at
the axis website. However, my service requires that I do basic
authentication. This seems like it should be simple enough, but I
cannot seem to figure it out. The Service class doesn't seem to
provide what I need, at least that I can see. Nor do there seem to be
obvious methods on the port object returned from the service object.
Reading through the API docs hasn't helped and my google searches
haven't really provided any clues (the results of the searches seem to
return irrelevant results). Any help would be appreciated! My code is
below.

public class Tester {

// Make a service
Z_YXG_SIMPLE_INPUT_TEST_WSServiceLocator service = new
Z_YXG_SIMPLE_INPUT_TEST_WSServiceLocator();
System.out.println("service.getServiceName()=" +
service.getServiceName().toString());

try {
// Now use the service to get a stub which implements the SDI
(Service Definition Interface).
Z_YXG_SIMPLE_INPUT_TEST_WS port =
service.getZ_YXG_SIMPLE_INPUT_TEST_WSSoapBinding();

TABLE_OF_BAPIRET2Holder bapiRet2TableHolder = new
TABLE_OF_BAPIRET2Holder();
Integer IN_NO_ROW = new Integer(4);
String IN_TEXT = "my test";

// Make the actual call
port.z_YXG_SIMPLE_INPUT_TEST(bapiRet2TableHolder, IN_NO_ROW,
IN_TEXT);

// Do some actual work here...
} catch (RemoteException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (ServiceException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();

What obvious thing am I missing?

Thanks!

bill

[...]

Never mind. I figured it out. After getting the handle to my port, I
needed to cast my port object to Stub and then call the appropriate
methods, as below.

((Stub) port).setUsername("myUserId");
((Stub) port).setPassword("myPassword");

Thanks to anyone who looked at this!

bill