    to have a logout button. What code do I need to supply in
    my asp.net to logoff the user so the next time he/she hits
    my protected page he/she will be prompted for id/pwd.
    JZink, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Take a look at this as an option.

    195192 HOWTO: Clear Logon Credentials to Force Reauthentication
    <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=195192>

    Holly Mazerolle, Dec 10, 2003

  3. JZink

    JZink Guest

    I was hoping to be able to do it server side. I really
    don't want to have to use an activeX control

    confers no rights.

    JZink, Dec 10, 2003
  4. What you are wanting to happen is not a server side problem though. The
    situation is that IE will cache the credentials for you and it will keep
    sending them on your behalf until you kill that browser session or start a
    new one to the server. There is no server side solution that I know of when
    using this type of authentication scheme. You may want to consider using a
    different scheme like the following:

    301240 HOW TO: Implement Forms-Based Authentication in Your ASP.NET
    Application
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301240

    Holly Mazerolle, Dec 11, 2003
  5. JZink

    Pac Guest

    Session.Abandon()
    Response.Redirect("Main.aspx")
    'Release any session variables

    'Redirect to main.aspx, because you have been logged out
    it will take you the the Login page.
    'Once logged in the user will be taken to the main
    page. 'Keeps the functionality clean.

    want

    Pac, Dec 15, 2003